Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chair Make-Over

My dining room chairs are finally finished!

We moved into our house nearly a year ago and I bought these chairs on Craigslist not long after.

Before

Not bad, but not the look we were going for. I love the unique shape, but not so much the fabric or color.

I love recovering chairs because it is so simple, but can be such a vast improvement! However, this project has felt never ending. I painted the chairs (the first coat) right away, but I was having no luck finding fabric that I liked. So for months the chair seats have been unattached to the frame & we've had to warn guests to "take caution" when sitting. Finally, I came upon a cute fabric shop with beautiful (and overpriced) fabrics & decided to splurge. After another coat of black paint, a few coats of polyurethane, & some staple-gunning, they are finished!

After


Now the dining room is almost complete. I will post more photos when it is.

1 comment:

Angie said...

love these chairs, julie!!! Please post lots of house pictures!!!!