Wednesday, August 4, 2010

So Much to Tell

A LOT has happened in the past few weeks and I haven't had time to post anything until now. First, I was consumed for a bit by studying for my social work licensing exam, which I PASSED a week and half ago. That was such a relief to have done. I am now an LSW!

The next day, we attended the beautiful wedding of our friends Kramer & Chris (I took their engagement photos, some of which, you can see here). The wedding was in Patriot, Indiana. We were wondering, like most guests probably were, why in the world the wedding was in Patriot, a small town in southern Indiana, which neither of them are from. It was an enjoyable drive though. There are some super cute old towns down that way and the scenery was beautiful. When we got to the location, we turned up the driveway, which kept going and going and going , for like 5 minutes. When we got to the top and looked out to "the point" where the wedding was, we understood.

It was GORGEOUS!


The happy couple just after the ceremony.


Us. :)

The day after the wedding, Brad and I drove up to Michigan for some rest and relaxation at the beach. Our favorite place is St. Joseph, MI. We used to go there often when we lived in northern Indiana and we miss it!

We stayed at a bed & breakfast for a couple of days.
Here is the view from the backyard deck, where we ate breakfast.
I wish I had taken a photo of our breakfast! It was wonderful!

Us on the stairs by the beach.

Fun house mirrors on Silver Beach.
We were having a little too much fun.
This photo just does not do justice for what we saw in the mirror.


During our vacation, we spent some time with my best friend, Becky.

We had the most fun zoo experience at a little zoo in South Bend. It started out muggy & uncomfortable, but then came a downpour! We hung out for quite a while under a pavilion and waited it out.

While waiting, we had a visitor.

We tried to take some photos, but it wasn't very successful.
This is our best, blurry attempt.

Not sure she was happy about me taking her picture in this moment,
but I think she is beautiful!

When the rain stopped, it was cool and comfortable, and the zoo was practically empty. We decided to visit the tigers again, because tigers are cool. And it ended up being amazing. Arnold, as we called him, was out and about and ready for some attention (or maybe he was hungry and hoping we were dinner).


He came up to glass multiple times and acted like a big kitty.
It was so incredible!

He liked Brad the best. Cats always like Brad.

Our other friend, Ivory, came out to play too. Look how sweet.





After we returned home, we attended the wedding of another of my best friends, Andrea, and her husband, Bob. It was such a perfect ceremony and a wonderful evening. I took photos for them, which I will post soon, but here is one for now.





One more bit of news. The morning after Andrea's wedding I had an interview for a school social work job. They called me while on vacation to set it up. That evening, I was offered the position! School starts next week and it is all happening very fast! I am overwhelmed with it all, but excited at the same time!

I'm thanking God for all of His blessings this past week and a half!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jules! I'm so excited to have found this and now have an update on your life. Glad things seem to be going well. Congrats on the new job and good luck!

Miss you!